Jonathan Abrams is the CEO and founder of Nuzzel. His company developed an app that has quickly become one of my faves. Nuzzel solves a problem we all have – overload of information on social media. It allows you to get personalized, relevant news from your friends on Twitter and Facebook without overwhelming you.
Jonathan shares with us some insights into this amazingly helpful, free platform. It’s available to use on the web, mobile, and email. Jonathan holds an impressive career portfolio having worked at Netscape, started a few companies including Friendster, and having given a TEDTalk. He’s a true pioneer on the internet and in the social space.
- Nuzzel is a great content curation site that started off with Jonathan’s personal need for really good content.
- What makes the app unique is that it gets personally relevant news to you without having to do any work.
- Jonathan shares with us Nuzzel’s new feature which allows you to turn your Nuzzel feed into an automated newsletter with relevant content. Now you have a platform that automatically sends out your top 5 daily news stories to people who subscribe to you.
- Another feature is the Discover section where you can browse recommended feeds curated by Nuzzel and its users.
- Jonathan walks us through the process of using Nuzzel. It’s available for free on the web, email, Android, iPhone and iPad. It’s easy!
- We’re helping people solve their social overload and find the stuff they really need to know about.
- People can piggyback on your curation choices and get some of your top Nuzzel news without installing anything.
Links to tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Nuzzel – the super-easy way to see news from your friends.
- Jonathan Abrams – learn more about Jonathan
- Buzzsumo – content curation tool
- Electoral – build, manage, and explore Twitter lists
- Feedly – RSS and blog reader
- TweetDeck – your personal Twitter browser
- Hootsuite – social media management tool
- Founders Den – coworking space in San Francisco and where Nuzzel is located
- Chris Sacca’s Periscope
- Skimm – daily email newsletter
- REDEF – daily “interest remixes” which are curated information streams
- Drudge Report – Links to international news sources and columnists
- 99Designs – marketplace for graphic design, including logo design, web design and other design contests.
Your Call To Action:
Your call-to-action for this episode is to check out Nuzzel and sign up for a free account. You can do this on the website or through the iOS or Android mobile device. It also works on Apple watch. It’s a great app! I definitely encourage everyone to get on it. Once you do this, please tweet me @MadalynSklar. I want to hear from you!
Share your love for Nuzzel!
If you dig Nuzzel as much as I do, click here to send a tweet letting them know.
Share The Love For This Podcast:
Want an easy “one-click” way to Share The Love for this podcast? Go here: www.madalynsklar.com/love to tweet out your love.
Thanks for the listen!
I appreciate you listening to this podcast, and would be extremely grateful if you would take a moment to rate & review it on iTunes. By doing this, my rankings will increase and more people will be able to benefit from the tips and tools shared in this #TwitterSmarter podcast series. Please also subscribe to this podcast while you’re there. It will ensure you don’t miss an episode!
I read every review that comes in, so please know that you have my sincere thanks!
#TwitterSmarter Twitter Chat:
Join our brand new Twitter chat where you go to learn and share Twitter tips. It’s every Thursday at 1pm ET/10am PT. We’ll also have Q&A’s with guests from the #TwitterSmarter podcast. Mark your calendar. You don’t want to miss this!
Bridge The Atlantic
Podcast featuring hilarious stories from creative industry bigwigs. Hosted by Marcio Novelli and Ross Barber. New episodes every Tuesday.