In this episode, Sarah Clay shares how to make real connections on Twitter that grow and support you and your business. She’ll give you tips on being yourself and on how to nurture relationships in the hectic world of Twitter marketing.
Listen in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Overcast, iHeartRadio and Spotify.
This podcast episode is brought to you by the #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat. Each week, I host this chat and bring together hundreds of people in an active one-hour discussion revolving around Twitter marketing. It’s every Thursday at 1pm ET. Hope to see you there!
Sarah Clay is an award winning Social Media Expert and runs her own Social Media Consultancy firm. She manages social media accounts for the hospitality industry and also gives private workshops to entrepreneurs, teaching them how to run their own social media. Clients have included Barbie, Fisher-Price, Bob The Builder, The Turk’s Head Twickenham, The Admiralty Pub in Trafalgar Square, and Just Strong.
Sarah Clay’s Tips for Real Twitter Connections:
Basic, Must-do Tips for Being Authentic on Twitter:
- Be yourself on Twitter. (Use your own voice, your own language. Talk about things you like talking about.)
- Handle your own Twitter engagement. Don’t pay anyone to do it all for you.
How to connect while showing your true self on Twitter:
- Join Twitter chats related to your field, your interests. (Find all kinds of chats here and chats for social media and marketing here.)
- Get to know people during Twitter chats.
- Encourage your peers in between chats.
- Use tools, like Agorapulse, to see who in your audience is commenting on your posts and then jump into those conversations and add value.
- Use video replies in tweets and direct messages on Twitter.
- Create customized GIFs and use them to reply to people on Twitter.
- Upload video clips from Instagram Stories saved to your phone camera roll to Twitter so people can see your face, hear your voice.
- Notice what your audience does and doesn’t respond to on Twitter (through comments and likes) and then give them what they respond to. Stop posting what they don’t respond to.
My Favorite Quotes
Tools, Links, and Apps Mentioned:
How to Reach Sarah Clay
You can connect with Sarah Clay on Twitter and her website.
Call to Action
Your call to action for this episode is to check out the #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat. I host it every Thursday at 1pm ET. It’s the perfect place to practice having real conversations with people on Twitter. The best part, by participating you’ll learn how to use the platform better. Plus, my #TwitterSmarter greeters will make you feel right at home.
During the chat or after, tag Sarah (@CurlyClay) and myself (@MadalynSklar) in a tweet, telling us you heard about it from this podcast. And tell us what you thought of the chat and whether it made you feel more connected on Twitter. I’d love for you to join us and then hear what you thought of it!
FREE #TwitterSmarter Secret Sauce course
Need some simple Twitter marketing guidance? Check out my FREE #TwitterSmarter Secret Sauce course.
#TwitterSmarter Master Class
Ready to go all-in for Twitter marketing training? Then you’re ready for my #TwitterSmarter Master Class.
#TwitterSmarter Twitter Chat
My weekly #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat on all things Twitter marketing featuring a different social media marketing expert each Thursday at 1 pm ET.
Contact me to learn how YOU can become a #TwitterSmarter podcast sponsor.
Most Recent Reviews on iTunes