In this episode, John Carver gives you quick tips on how to build a strong Twitter marketing strategy on your own terms. He’ll encourage you to find your own voice and focus on the tried-and-true Twitter basics that help online business owners connect with customers.
Listen in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Overcast, iHeartRadio and Spotify.
This podcast episode is brought to you by the #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat. Each week, I host this chat and bring together hundreds of people in an active one-hour discussion revolving around Twitter marketing. It’s every Thursday at 1pm ET. Hope to see you there!
John Carver a marketing and account management services consultant who helps brands get seen, known and connected with their audience and prospective clients. John’s Communications background in print and publishing led to a long-standing, freelance career in direct marketing and general advertising. In addition to his work as a marketing consultant, John is also considered to be a top influencer within the cannabis industry.
John Carver’s Tips on How to Build a Strong Twitter Marketing Strategy on Your Own Terms:
- Learn all you can about Twitter marketing, but don’t adopt strategies you’re not comfortable with (i.e., hosting a Twitter chat). Do what makes sense to you.
- Concentrate on the Twitter fundamentals:
- Have a good frequency of Twitter posts (Don’t let your Twitter account go dead for 36 hours.)
- Nurture conversations.
- Provide value in your tweets and comments.
- Share evergreen content.
- Be positive.
- Tweet in your own voice.
- Stay focused on your message. (Minimize personal, political, or negative information.)
- Be generous with sharing your time and expertise with others.
- Post tweets live every day (in addition to using scheduling platforms, if you schedule tweets).
- Try to follow people every day to add to your conversations.
- Listen to everyone.
- Listen more than you comment.
My Favorite Quotes
Tools, Links, and Apps Mentioned:
- SocialOomph – a social media posting platform (John uses SocialOomph for deep, evergreen posts.)
- TweetDeck – a social media dashboard for management of Twitter accounts that’s helpful for participating in Twitter chats, scheduling tweets (John uses TweetDeck for short-term evergreen tweets.)
- How to support this podcast on Patreon
How to Reach John Carver
You can connect with John Carver on Twitter at @RatherNeatStuff and @CarverJohns.
Call to Action
Your call to action for this episode is to concentrate on the Twitter fundamental of nurturing conversations, remembering to:
- Listen more than comment
- Share positive messages
- Provide value
Once you get going with this, tag me @MadalynSklar and let me know how it’s going. I’d love to hear from you!
FREE #TwitterSmarter Secret Sauce course
Need some simple Twitter marketing guidance? Check out my FREE #TwitterSmarter Secret Sauce course.
#TwitterSmarter Master Class
Ready to go all-in for Twitter marketing training? Then you’re ready for my #TwitterSmarter Master Class.
#TwitterSmarter Twitter Chat
My weekly #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat on all things Twitter marketing featuring a different social media marketing expert each Thursday at 1 pm ET.
Contact me to learn how YOU can become a #TwitterSmarter podcast sponsor.
Most Recent Reviews on iTunes