In this episode, Janet Machuka shares tips on how to find inspiration for Twitter content ideas. She’ll encourage you to learn from others and will tell you how she likes to motivate her own Twitter followers.
Listen in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Overcast, iHeartRadio and Spotify.
This podcast episode is brought to you by the #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat. Each week, I host this chat and bring together hundreds of people in an active one-hour discussion revolving around Twitter marketing. It’s every Thursday at 1pm ET. Hope to see you there!
Janet Machuka is a digital marketing manager at Sparks Corporates
and the founder of #AfricaTweetChat
, which runs every Wednesday at 9pm East Africa Time. That’s 1pm Eastern. She’s also a content creator and strategist, influencer, and digital marketing trainer.
Janet Manchuka’s Tips on How to Find Inspiration for Creating Twitter Content
- Learn what other people are sharing (to get ideas for yourself):
- Attend Twitter chats.
- Create Twitter lists so you can follow conversations.
- Go to other platforms and search hashtags on topics you want to learn about.
- Read blog posts from people you’re following on Twitter. (Janet takes 15-60 minutes each day to read three to six blog posts.)
- Read books on your niche topic.
- Watch other people’s videos and share them.
- Share motivational thoughts when creating content on Twitter.
- Consider who your audience is and what you want to be known for in your niche.
- Focus on a topic you’re really interested in. It’s OK to start broad and then narrow your niche.
My Favorite Quotes
Tools, Links, and Apps Mentioned:
How to Reach Janet Machuka
You can connect with Janet Machuka on Twitter @JanetMachuka_ and through her website, JanetMachuka.com.
Call to Action
Your call to action for this episode is to try Janet’s tip of creating a Twitter list of people you want to learn from to help spark ideas for Twitter content you can share. Let me know if this inspires you to come up with new Twitter content. Tweet me @MadalynSklar. I’d love to hear from you.
FREE #TwitterSmarter Secret Sauce course
Need some simple Twitter marketing guidance? Check out my FREE #TwitterSmarter Secret Sauce course.
#TwitterSmarter Master Class
Ready to go all-in for Twitter marketing training? Then you’re ready for my #TwitterSmarter Master Class.
#TwitterSmarter Twitter Chat
My weekly #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat on all things Twitter marketing featuring a different social media marketing expert each Thursday at 1 pm ET.
Contact me to learn how YOU can become a #TwitterSmarter podcast sponsor.
Most Recent Reviews on iTunes