The world of social media marketing is always changing, which means it can be challenging to keep up with the latest best practices. Luckily, there are tons of marketing resources at our disposal today. These are materials that educate and allow us to become true masters of all things social media. But how do you know whom to turn to for the best tips and tricks?
In this article, I’m sharing some trusted marketing resources. This way, you’ll have plenty of blogs, books, and podcasts to turn to when you want to learn about social media and marketing to take your online presence to the next level.
Marketing Resources to Up-Level Your Online Presence
Marketing resources come in a variety of formats, ensuring there’s something to suit your preferences. Whether you’re looking for written material or something to listen to, here are some recommendations to check out:
Marketing Blogs You Should Bookmark
When hunting for marketing resources, you’re sure to find tons of blogs that provide exactly what you’re looking for. But if you’re not sure which are the best to read, here are a few:
- Social Media Examiner: When you want to learn all the best practices for managing your social media presence, Social Media Examiner should be your go-to. The articles cover all the top platforms and I’ve even had the pleasure of contributing to their blog as well.
- Social Media Today: The Social Media Today blog is great for staying updated with all the latest happenings, making it one of my must-read marketing resources. If there are changes to algorithms or new features being tested, they’ll tell you all about it.
- Hootsuite: The articles shared on Hootsuite’s blog are a must if you want to learn the ins and outs of social media. You’ll find news, tips for crafting your marketing strategy, and plenty of statistics-based articles that are packed with data.
- HubSpot: To learn more about marketing in general, HubSpot’s blog has plenty of valuable articles. You’ll leave having learned how to perfect your editorial calendar, how to effectively create content for each platform, and so much more.
- Agorapulse: The Agorapulse blog covers all things social media management, making it one of the most helpful marketing resources for creators today. Their posts cover all the basics, but also go in-depth on individual platforms. There are even tips for working in the social media field!
- Brand24: Another great resource is the Brand24 blog, which offers articles on everything from brand image, digital marketing, business strategy, and trend analysis.
Marketing Books to Add to Your Reading List
If you’re looking to add a few marketing books to your bookshelf (or your Kindle), there are plenty to choose from. Here are some I’d suggest checking out:
Marketing Podcasts to Tune Into
Cleaning the house or going for a walk can easily turn into an educational class thanks to podcasts! That’s why they’re the perfect marketing resource to turn to when you’re looking to multitask. Here are some marketing podcasts to look out for:
- Social Media Marketing with Michael Stelzner: Social Media Examiner’s founder created this podcast to present marketers with strategies and actionable tips they can put to use right away. These episodes will help shape your social media strategy so you can effectively build your online presence.
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield: This top-ranked podcast is a hit with listeners for good reason. Amy breaks down her tips step-by-step so they’re easy for anyone to implement. There are plenty of episodes about social media and other smart ways to market your business.
- The Art of Social Media by SocialPilot: Looking for interviews with some of the top social media experts from around the globe? The Art of Social Media will teach you everything you need to know. You’ll walk away having learned tons of valuable tips and tricks from the masters who have put it all to the test.
- The Agents of Change with Rich Brooks: Want to drive more traffic to your website and generate more leads? This podcast from Rich Brooks covers tips on social media, SEO, and mobile marketing to grow your small business.
- Social Pros Podcast by Convince & Convert: This podcast is must for learning about all the latest social media marketing trends. Each episode features an expert in the field, allowing them to share their insights and actionable tips.