Thank you for joining my presentation at #SMMW19.
Are you currently creating video content for Twitter? It’s not necessarily the first platform that comes to mind when you think about video. You’re more likely to picture YouTube, Instagram Stories, or even Facebook Live. However, Twitter is a great place for video. In this session, Twitter Marketing expert Madalyn Sklar (host of the #TwitterSmarter and #SocialROI chats) will show you how video will increase your brand awareness, help you better connect with your audience and get your engagement to skyrocket.
Case Study: Julia McCoy
This is my friend and colleague Julia McCoy. She’s the founder of ExpressWriters and is an amazing content creator. Just a few years ago Julia had no video presence on social media. She then started doing Facebook live streams and launched a YouTube channel. She got more and more comfortable with video. She now regularly publishes video all over social, including Twitter. She repurposes her YouTube episodes into short Twitter videos that are 60 seconds or less. To get the best mileage out of her Twitter videos she will pin a video tweet to the top of her profile. She has seen explosive growth in her reach and organic presence since adopting this strategy. She is crushing it!
8 Ideas for Your Next Twitter Video
- Take time to do video replies at least once a week. Daily even better!
- Using the Twitter mobile app, go through your notifications and reply to at least 5 tweets with a video.
- Tweet a video to me at @MadalynSklar.
- Record a video with an actionable tip for your audience. Keep it at 60 seconds or less. Share it as a tweet and pin it to the top of your profile. See @JuliaEMcCoy for a great example.
- Jump into a conversation on Twitter and respond with a video. See Dan Willis @MLLNNLmotivator for examples of awesome video tweets.
- Twitter Video Resources
- 5 data-driven tips for scroll stopping video
- How to share and watch videos on Twitter
- TwitSnap? Twitter launches new camera feature to demote text
- Twitter Launches New Camera Tools to Increase Visual Focus
- Lumen5 - turn blog posts into killer videos
- #VideoReplyDay - initiative I started in 2017 to encourage people to reply to tweets with a video